Sunday, June 3, 2007

SD to NYC








































5-2-07
LA to SD to NYC, NY!!!!!!

Woke up super early again today because I had heaps to do before I had to jump on a plane to NYC! I went to Shaney Jo’s house and saw her for a hot second. I played with her dog, Camper then I had to bounce down to SD to park my car and call a cab to take me to the airport. I had a very long flight but watched a move and listened to some good music on the way. My boy, Larry (Envy’s TM and all around awesome guy) came to pick me up from the airport with 3 of his sauced up friends. They were all super nice and it was wonderful to see Larry again. They took me to this bar in Long Island called Mr. Beery’s. Everyone I met was super nice…all the guys from The Sleeping and Bayside. We chilled there for a few hours until everyone was good and sauced and there was hardly any room to move. Then we dropped everyone off and I slept at Larry’s place.

5-3-07
Long Island, NY

Today Larry and I got up fairly early, went to get breckie at one of his local bagel spots…you kind of have to eat bagels in NY…just like slices. Then we went to his old college for some day festival thing and saw Real Big Fish. Not the biggest fan, but it was still a good time. Afterwards we drove over to Sal’s house where all of the Envy guys were. They were in a deep writing mode, and I was lucky enough to hear a new song they had just written. These guys are so rad…best dudes ever! We all had lunch…well, I had carrot cake, but the rest of the dudes had lunch. J Then Larry took me into the city to meet his dad and drop me off at the hotel that I was meeting my San Diego lady friends at (the Salsbury). It was an incredible suite..seriously, you do not get places like this n NYC…we lucked out thanks to Larry and Larry! I ran into Kerry, then Katie and Bree shortly after. We got cleaned up and went to H & M to partake in a bit of shopping. Then we went to dinner and went to check out the Angels and Kings bar in the East Village. We met up with Katie’s friend, Will, walked in had one drink and walked out and jumped on the train to Brooklyn. We went to this rad bar….and I can’t for the life of me remember the name of it. We met a lot of rad people, drank cheap and strong bevy’s, did a bit of dancing and then we ended up at some warehouse party. Where naturally my narcoleptic ass decided to fall asleep at and my lovely friends sat a stringless guitar and a cowboy hat on me and proceeded to take photo’s. Awesome. We peaced out shortly after, mainly because we were kicked out by this dude’s roommate. Super funny, but homeboy was pissed off.

5-4-07
NYC, NY

Hang sessions in order today. Me, Katie, Bree and Boston Mike = super awesome times. Shopping etc. Honetly I can’t remember what else we did except shop and eat. Then we went to Brooklyn again and went to meet Will at some party at his friends place. We all got a little saucy and hit up a pizza joint at who know’s what time in the AM. Then cabbed back to our hotel. Fun times for days and days. We kidnapped Will’s friend, Perry too.
Super funny. Pictures will have to do the explaining.

No comments: