Sunday, June 3, 2007

Bamboozle 07' East Coast










5-5-07
NYC to Jersey - Bamboozle

The Envy girlfriends, Katey, Charlie, Crista and Erica’s roommate came to pick my ass up in the city to take me to Bamboozle with them. Such sweet ladies. The drive there was an adventure enough for me. NY drivers are effing scary! We decided to hang in the parking lot and drink beers before going in. Haven’t done that shit since my friend Jenny and I went to a show at Coor Ampatheater in SD over two years ago. I was stoked because after the ladies rolled in, I ran into my friend, Josh. I love the crap out of him….amazing dude. Ladies…snag this one up if you have the opportunity, he’s and incredible guy. We just walked around all day. Met up with Spanky and Heather, Richard, Jeff, Tom, Shannt, Scott, Jaclyn, Adrian and a bunch of other homies. Just did a lot of walking around. All of the bands sounded like shit today. No offense to them personally, just the set up and winds to blame. We stuck around until MC Hammer played…I though it was going to be amazing. I was so let down. Granted, I have wanted to see this dude since I was a little lady but he lip synced the entire time and was pretty busted. It could have been anyone up there. So dumb. O-well. Then Josh, Scott, Jaclyn, Spanky, Heather and I went out to eat in the Cinco De Mayo madness. It was nuts and we were all pretty worn out. We just went back to Scott and Jaclyn’s house, hung out and crashed.

5-6-07
Jersey – Bambozle

Today we slept in a bit…at least Jaclyn and I did. Then rolled to meet the rest of the Circa posse at Bamboozle. I rolled in with everyone, then quickly lost them, except for Colin. We wandered up to check out Brand New. They opened the show today at noon. I stayed for a while, then headed out to check out some other bands. There were some pretty rad bands playing today. I was psyched! I met up with Spanky and Heather and chilled with them for a bit. Then Anthony rolled up and we went for a little stroll around to check out the EVR tent and say hello. They had heaps of goodies out for Circa’s new album release “On Letting Go” on 5.29.07…..PS. I already pre-ordered mine and it is coming with a lovely litte tote bag…like I need another one! You should probably go out and get on yourself. www.merchnow.com
Circa went on at 3 something and they had a special little treat for the fans up close today! They brought out these huge 5ft balloons when they first got on stage. It looked rad for the few seconds they lasted then those suckers all flew away…buggar! After Circa played, I gave my hugs and loves to them because some peaced out right after their set. I went on with my night and went to visit one of my favorite people ever, Johnny from Kill Brand Clothing (www.killbrand.com). AMAZING guy and incredible threads. He is way too modest…which I probably why I love him so much. I spent the rest of the night with him and the posse in the same tent as hime, Rockett Clothing. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about these people. They proved me right this evening! I spoke with Kali and within in minutes she had given me an awesome hoodie (seriously sooo effing cute) and put a beer with coozie in my hand. They were all so awesome! I ran into my good friends from the Bled there as well, so that was lovely too! After the show, I met up with the lovely Envy boys and watched Captured by Robots….so rad! Then just chilled and rolled back to Long Island that night.

No comments: