Thursday, June 7, 2007

Long Island and Brooklyn, NY !!!






















5-7-07 Long Island, NY

This morning was awesome. I stayed at Ryan’s house and got to sleep in in a comfortable bed! Then Ry made me breakfast…I love that, breckie is one of my favorite meals of the day. We chilled much of the morning into the early afternoon, watching dumb videos on You Tube and such, ran some errands and then rolled back to hi house where I casted his mom for Keep A Breast. After the casting, we rolled to Brians house to BBQ. It was so rad to just cill, eat some yummy food and just hang by a fire. The homies from Ordinary clothing came over as well as a few of the guys other friends. Then Ryan I went back to his place to crash.

5-8-07

Today I got breakfast made for me again…so awesome. Ryan and I met up with Brian and his friend Lindsey and we took a train into the city to walk around Central Park, It was so pretty! We walked and walked…got ice cream then went to Strawberry Fields. After we decided to walk down to Red Bamboo….again, my favorite restaurant in NYC thus far. We had a wait so we walked over to this little joint a few doors down…a little English style pub. I plopped myself on a stool between two gentlemen to order Brian and I some bevy’s, and I felt this guy to my left staring at me. I didn’t want to turn and look at him because I thought that he was being creepy so I just kept to my own and talked to Brian. I felt him leaning in a bit more or staring a bit harder so I finally looked at him…it ends up being Will, then friend of Katie’s that I had met last week in Brooklyn…so random! We yapped for a while then our posse went over to eat at RB. After we ate, we went back to Brooklyn, hung out with Erica, Ryan’s girlfriend, then walked over to Galle’s house up the street for a BBQ. We hung there for a while then went back to Erica’s to sleep.

5/9-07

Today I woke up, grabbed breakfast, and hopped on a train, and went to the city to go check out the MOMA. It was wonderful. It was super nice to just be alone too. I rarely have a large chunk of time that I am alone, so it was really lovely. I spent a good 3 hours there, then walked from 51st down to Union Square to hop a train back to BK. To hang with the ladies before I take off. Ryan met up there after some time spent at the studio recording. We all went to grab some dinner at this awesome place down the street then went back and crashed.

5-10-07

Today Taylor was kind enough to drive me into the city so I could grab a shuttle to the Newark airport. I was sad to leave NYC but so psyched to see my family in Denver. My flight was delayed a freaking hour after we were already boarded ad chilling on the runway…there were all kinds of nasty thunderstorms and such. My mom picked me up from the airport and drove me up to their mountain house. I cannot even tell you how lovely it was to be at their home…and back home in Denver for that matter.

No comments: