Saturday, June 2, 2007

NYC, Asbury Park, Hartford, Boston,

4-19-07
New York City, NY

Another big city and another crazy day with industry heads scrambling all over the place....that's what we have to look forward to today. I got up pretty early and Josh and I took a super long walk from the Fillmore to find coffee and then all around the East Village, down St Marks street, through a couple of Parks and back to the venue. I LOVE walking around the city! I get more excited about just walking than going out to party and the many of bars and such that NYC has to offer. You see more crazy stuff than anywhere else. It's awesome. After set up, I went for another wonderful long walk to the west side through NYU territory to find my favorite restaraunt in the city, Red Bamboo! It's the best vegan/vegitarian food the city can offer in my opinion. The Fillmore is an awesome venue! There were so many of the guys families that I got to meet today. I have been looking forward to meeting Ryan from Envy's mom since the beginning of tour and today I finally got to meet her... she's awesome. I got to meet Larry's parents as well as Brian's family. I know there were heaps more but I can't remember everyone. The show was awesome and went really fast. After the show a crew of us went to the Beauty Bar for an after party....and we split pretty much right away to head down to the a couple other bars in the East Village. It ended up being a pretty short night. We peaced out a bit early before us call so we could swing by Scott and Jaclyn's house in Jersey before heading over to the venue on the Jersey Shore. They have an awesome collection of Munny Dolls and heaps of other collectable toys.

4-20-07
Asbury Park, NJ
Spankatron 2007 and I got up early today and walked down the boardwalk in Asbury Park. Apparently there have been heaps of movies filed here and a bunch of the Soprano's. It's super desolate but pretty rad looking at the same time. We took some photos then went back to the bus. There is literally nothing around this area to do before the show, so most of us just chilled on the bus or in the venue playing Guitar Hero 2. The venue, The Stone Pony is a rad historic venue that I was stoked to be at. It's where "The Boss" got his start in the industry! The show sold out and there were over 800 or 900 kids in a venue that seemed like it should have fit about 500...it was super packed. I was psyched because Anthony's parents and his lady came out to the show tonight! They are all so awesome and fun to chill with. Durring Circa's set, his parents hung with me for a good view and a chance to get away from the mass amount of kids that filled the room for their incredible set. The energy was insane during their set. After the show, my good friend Johnny from Kill Brand Clothing(www.killbrand.com) took me back to his house so I could clean up and get girly again. Then I went to a cool bar near his house with his roommates and friends. I would definately suggest checking out his clothing line if you haven't already. He will be at Bamboozle and Warped Tour so keep an eye out for his booth!!

4-21-07
Hartford, CT

There was nothing really around the venue today when I woke up, so I just hung around the bus until the venue opened. Then loaded in and chilled most of the day with everyone. The show was so much fun for everyone tonight!! Durring Envy's set I decided to surprise them and jump on stage along with Anthony from Circa and Dan from Lions, to help sing Gift of Paralysis with them!! It was rad!! I LOVE those guys. After the show we just hung out around the busses. It was Brian from Envy's birthday at midnight so we made sure he got a little saucy for the celebration....Scott is REALLY good at making sure friends get nice and sauced up! We stole Dan from Envy on our bus tonight! We also had Danessa and Chris's lady, Stephanie cruising with us. Dan, Anthony, Brendan, Spanky and I stayed up super late...till 5 or 6 in the AM playing GH2 and hanging out...I don't know how I'm going to get back into the swing of a normal sleeping rotation after tour. Tonight was an awesome night and my last one one to spend with all of the Circa guys. I am going to miss them so much when this tour is over...and unfortunately it will be over tomorrow.


4-22-07
Boston, MA

Today is the last day on tour. Sooo bummed. I woke up and walked around with Danessa, Nick's girlfriend....who happens to be one of the raddest girls I have met. I have never been to Boston where I was actually able to check out the city so it was nice to walk around. We rolled back to the bus and I loaded in and set up early so I would be able to have the rest of the day to spend with my tour family whom of which I will miss dearly in about 24 hours. After I was all set up, I went to lunch with all of the Envy on the Coast guys and some of the Lions posse for Brian from EOTC's birthday today!!! I seriously love these guys! They are amazing. When I got back to the venue, I met up with Aaron from AP and we finished up with set up. I went to my bus before the show started to grab my things for the show and I ended up getting locked inside the bus for about 25 minutes!! what in the crap!?!? Who gets locked in a bus? Sal was the first to try to help me get out, then Scott and Jaclyn, then the rest of the Circa guys...not to mention the audience that I had of kids that were waiting for the show to start and the bizzillion Red Sox and Yankee fans heading to the game that night. I was so bummed...but laughing at my situation at the same time. just figures it would happen. We were all just yapping through the little window by the drivers seat. I felt so useless. Then I went and sat by the door and tried it super gently and all of the sudden the door just gently opened....so weird. Everyone else piled in and I peaced out to go work since by the time I got out, doors had already been open for 15 minutes...yikes. I had my signing with Circa for the last night and they headlined the show tonight as well. Security was so good there that I didn't have to do a whole lot to regulate the line. So I was able to chat with Anthony's brother and his friend that live in the area...such nice guys. From what I could see of Envy's set, they played well. I will miss not being able to see these guys play every night. I wanted to run up and sing with them again when they played Gift of Paralysis but I was too busy at my table. :( However I was able to get on stage with the Lions guys for the super group singing sesh of Love, Love, Love, Love. It was rad, heaps of people jumped on stage for this one...Brendan, Anthony, Colin, Chris, other Chris, Ryan, Brian, Derek and probably more but I couldn't look around that much...I get nervous being up there in front of so many people. After Lions set, Cute Is What We Aim For played their set with their classic Blink 182 cover and heaps of people joined them on stage...I think Jeff got taped to his guitar too! Then Circa ended the show. They were awesome tonight! Their lighting was amazing and they sounded so powerful it was a great way to end the tour. At the end of the set, tons of people from the tour jumped on stage with Anthony after he sang Meet Me In Montauk solo for a super group vocal sesh of Love, Love, Love, Love....and we even got the crowd involved. After the show, I did my normal breakdown then just went and chilled with everyone. I have been so lucky to have had the opportunity over the past five plus weeks to get to know and love some of the most amazing people I have ever met in my life. These are some of the most kind, loving, caring and talented people I know. I seriously cannot thank all of the people at AP enough for putting this tour on. It's been an amazing adventure and I feel fortunate to have been a part of it....hopefully you all will be seeing me on the road again next year! Go to my detailed blog for all of my tour pictures and crazy behind the scene stories! www.letsgetabevy.blogspot.com or say hello at www.myspace.com/thecolorpink and www.myspace.com/pinkpistol

No comments: