Wednesday, May 16, 2007

4/5 - 4/9 Chicago to Lexington, KY






























4-5-07
Chicago, IL

I have never been to Chicago before so I have been super excited to come to this city for ever. I have some of the best friends I cold have asked for that live in this city and all of them came out to the show today! In the morning I got up early and went down to the Pick Me Up Cafe just down the street from Wrigley field. The breckie was off the charts ...they even made a little chocolate sail boat in my morning bevy!! I went back to the Metro to set up. After set up, Scott, Jacquie, Anthony and I went to Scott's old roommate's bar just down the street to hang out. Then he took, Anthony, Jacquie and I to run erronds and back to his house to load us up with little gifts to bring back to the posse...like my new little plant for the bus!!!
I have been wanting to see a show at the Metro forever as well. So all in all I was just super excited about the day!!!I was only able to catch part of the Envy set today and the rest of the time I was stuck in the merch area. I love hanging out with all of the merch homies but it was a super screwy set up and they regulated how many people could be in the area at a time. There was constantly a line to get into the merch area, so many kids didn't get in when they wanted to...especially for the Cute Is What We Aim For signing.
After the show was over, I loaded out quick and met up with my friends, Morgan from Flower Booking, Stank and Nicole for bevy's. Shortly after Anthony met up with us and shortly after that two good friends from Warped Tour last summer, Zack and Dan came and hung out. This was seriously the best night I have had n tour thus far. Such great people with good hearts to surround myself with.

4-6-07
Cincinnati, OH
We're in freezing Cincinnati today! It was a long load in today and set up. Again trying to stay warm. kept it pretty chill during the day. It was snowing, so there wasn't much to do really. After the show, we just chilled on the bus, watched movies and stayed up late listening to music and checking out art online....we were having so much fun we didn't even realize that it was 6:30 in the morning! Then it was nap time before the Detroit show!

4-7-07
Detroit, MI

I've been psyched to come here all tour...just for a good ghetto dance party. I was told that the venue is It was effing freezing here today. I just tried to load in as fast as possible and stay indoors to keep warm. There were kids out early this morning lined up again and Anthony was kind enough to go play a mini acoustic set for them to warm them up for the evening! Before the show, Scott, Josh, Chris and I walked down the street to grab some dinner before the show at some greek joint. It was a great show yet again. Apparently this venue is upstairs from The Shelter, where some of 8 Mile was filmed. The kids seemed psyched to see all the bands and get to meet them for hugs and autographs.

PS...don't forget that I have free posters for all of the bands and subscriptions to AP Magazine for $5....you simply cannot beat that deal! seriously...get wierd with it!

4-8-07
Cleveland, OH

Yay!! Happy Bunny Day!! We rolled into the city today and there was easily over a foot of snow in some areas. It was beautiful! I LOVE the snowy weather! I have not been prepared for it on this tour....I have more dresses in my luggage than anything else, so Aaron from AP was kind enough to warm my little body and hook me up with a warm coat and scarf! So sweet!! On top of that he invited me back to his home to spend time with his family on the holiday! It was so wonderful to be able to sit by a fire, relax and eat a wonderful home cooked meal. This was a big show for the tour today and we were slightly weary of who would and would not make the haul out to the show in the weather...we were stoked because everyone came out to support some of their favorite musicians!! Everyone played wonderful tonight. All of the guys in all of the bands were out mingling throughout the show with their fans. After the show we all hung out back stage until they kicked us out. Then we rolled to Cute's bus and hung out there for a while. My good friend from Warped Tour last summer, Katie, came and hung out with me at the show and after...so good to see such good people on the road.

PS....if you are coming to see the show in the dates to come, come say hi an introduce yourselves to me!


PSS...don't forget that I have free posters for all of the bands and subscriptions to AP Magazine for $5....you simply cannot beat that deal! seriously...get wierd with it!

4-9-07
Lexington, KY - DAY OFF

We had a day off today which is always awesome! Today was particularly awesome for me! Colin and I were up early, so we walked into the mall to grab coffee and take a peek at the surroundings. When we rolled back to the bus, Indy, Josh and I went to the hotel to get beautified....well I did, I think they just showered so they wouldn't smell bad.
The rest of the day was awesome!!!! I rallied the troops to go get manicures and pedicures! Most everyone was hesitant at first, but then as soon as one guy agreed they all started jumping in for the fun! It was me, Shaant, Richard, Josh and Steve that joined me for some deluxe pamper treatment! It was seriously amazing!

PS.....I will have all kinds of pics from today and the entire tour on my blog....so check it! http://blog.myspace.com/thecolorpink

No comments: