Wednesday, May 16, 2007

4/2 4/4- Rock Springs to Minneapolis

4-1-07
Rock Springs, WY - Day Off

I haven't been here in Rock Springs for five years (yes, I actually have been here before. wierd? yes.) It was on the same tour with my girls from Denver and our van broke down for three days. I was on a mission to relive my last time spent in Rock Springs with games of Yatzee and some karaoke! Unfortunately the karaoke bar was closed on Sundays...boo.
We ended up having a good time anyway even with the crap weather...raining and hailing all day pretty much. There was a lot of time spent on the bus and in Starbucks today. When the Envy guys rolled up, Steve, Richard, Nick and I all jumped in their van and they drove us to the mall and and movie theater. Before we went to see movies, we walked into the mall and found the Easter Bunny and pretty much had to take a photo with the little guy then we were off to the movies. Most of us went to see Shooter and some others went for Blades of Glory or 300. Since it was April fools, some of the guys took it upon themselves to play a little prank. So Brian from Envy moved their van while the rest of us were finishing up. When Larry (Envy's TM) came outside to find that their van was missing, he about had a heart attack. Super funny to the rest of us, just not Larry :)

4-2-07
Denver, CO

So good to be home. I immiditley called my dad when I woke up and he came to pick me up so I could do laundry and go meet my mom for lunch. It's always wonderful to come home to family. In the afternoon after set up at the Gothic, I went over to visit my good friends, Stephanie and Virgil and their little boy, Logan, at Suburban Home Records. They are some of the most wonderful people I know. I only had a about and hour or so before I had to get for doors so it was a quick visit. Tonight's show was awesome. Circa headlined and the kids in Denver got a special little treat tonight. Anthony came out and sang Montauk solo...it was so rad and the kids were so psyched. After the show, my friends Kelly and Ryan took me to a bar I roll to often when I am back home, The Hi Dive. A few of the dudes came as well, Spanky, Scott, Chris and Adrian (Cute's tech) and they were lucky enough to see me sign karaoke...something I have not done in five years! I sang Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundation and it was amazing...at least in my eyes!

4-3-07
Omaha, NE

Pretty effing cold here in Omaha! Dang.
It was a rad venue today though. I was psyched to be at a venue that I am pretty sure some of my favorite Saddle Creek bands in Omaha have most likely played at....Azure Ray, Son Ambulance, The Good Life, Bright Eyes...The show was great. Circa's lights looked incredible tonight. When you all are at their show, make sure you pay attention to this...they spent over 200 or 300 hours editing this for your viewing pleasure, so do not let it pass you by. Seriously amazing! We all just hung out on the bus and listened to music all night, rather than watch a movie. It was rad but I dipped out a little early and went to bed.

4-4-07
Minneapolis, MN

We rolled into the show today and it was sooo effing cold! Luckily for us, Steve's lady friend, Ellen, lives here so she had a car and took Anthony, Spanky and me to the local Whole Foods and to run a couple of erronds before the show. Set up was easy today and the show was great. I feel so fortunate to be able to see some of the best bands out there right now...and I get to do it every night! After the show, a couple of Anthony's friends took us to the Tripple Rock...best venue/bar/restaraunt in MN! We had the yummiest late night snack attack and the best company! I met one amazing lady, Tiff, a good friend of the Circa guys. She is amazing..so much fun. Also, Scott's girlfriend, Jacqalin (sp??), got into town tonight and is going to spend the next few days with us. The night was so great! I can't wait to make it back in this city again!!! Chicago tomorrow!

No comments: