Saturday, April 21, 2007

Portland, OR













3-27-07
Portland, OR
I have been looking forward to checking out Portland forever! I’ve heard nothing but wonderful stories and good times had here. I got up early today and walked around the street and found a rad little record shop and bought a couple new albums: Common's Be, and the Knife's Silent Shout—both of which I have been wanting forever now. I was referred to go grab breakfast at a little joint down the street called Cup And Saucer. I went, and it was amazing! I found a couple little boutiques that I wanted to check out as well that had cute little vintage frocks. I then went back for load-in at the Hawthorn Theater. I got a prime spot for viewing at this venue, straight in the back but in the center of the stage. After load-in, I kidnapped Brendan and we went to meet two of my good friends that moved to Portland from San Diego. We dropped back into Cup And Saucer for another bite to eat and then went to a rad little toy store that had all kinds of Kid Robot stuff and all kinds of random collectables. I knew that when I saw this shop that Scott had probably beat me to it and spent heaps of cash already. When I got back to the bus, there he was with a bag full of goodies from that shop. (Good thing his girlfriend is meeting up with him to take all of the goods that he has purchased back home for him!) On our way back to the bus, we snuck into Ben & Jerry’s for a little fix—and a lovely photo-op for Brendan and I. After doors opened, kids poured in with so much freaking energy! They didn’t stop rocking from the second that Envy On The Coast stepped onstage till Circa Survive ended the evening. The room was steaming all night, and everyone seemed to have had a wonderful night. The guys in Envy On The Coast and As Tall As Lions both did a signing with me today, and the ladies went wild for these guys. A couple even were pretty much trying to crawl over the table just to get a touch of one of their sweaty little bodies. After load-out, we met up with the guys from Portugal. The Man and went to their local watering hole the Tripple Nickle. It was so much fun! Joe from Portugal. is quite possibly the raddest guy ever! So stoked to have met him. I think pretty much everyone that knows him feels the exact same way.

No comments: